I hope you’re all doing well! Welcome to Blogmas Day 9! Today’s post is all about making the perfect Christmas Eve box for your friends and family!
At Christmas, my family doesn’t seem to have any real traditions (gasp), for a start we’ve never had a roast dinner on Christmas day (louder gasp) which always blows people’s minds. We don’t have a particular festive film that we like to watch every year or a game that we always play, we just sort of go with the flow! However, a few years ago we started doing Christmas Eve boxes! They’re so much fun to make, especially if like me, you enjoy giving people lots of little thoughtful gifts. It’s essentially an early Christmas stocking full of little goodies to keep you busy and cosy over the holidays!
*This post contains affiliate links
First of all, you want to find the perfect box. Ideally you want something that can hold a few goodies but also with a lid so that you can keep everything a surprise! If you want to make your own box, cover an old shoe box in festive wrapping paper and add a personalised message or gift tag to make it extra special. If you’d prefer to buy one that is ready-made and reusable, there’s so many options out there to choose from!
Of course, a Christmas Eve Box isn’t complete without some goodies inside! Here are some of ideas of what you could include as well as links to my favourite bits that I’ve found online and in stores this year:
- Cosy Socks, Slippers & Pyjamas – Definitely pop a pair of fluffy socks or slippers into your box, everyone wants to keep their toes toasty at this time of year! It’s also nice to give some cosy pyjamas to keep cosy on those cold Winter evenings!
- Hot Chocolate & Tea– This is the perfect gift to give on Christmas Eve! Little else provides as much bliss as a hot beverage in front of a festive film on the night before Christmas. Keep it classic and traditional or mix it up with some quirky flavours!
- Whittard – Luxury Milk Hot Chocolate
- Whittard – Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Whittard – Sticky Toffee Pudding Hot Chocolate
- Face Masks & Bath Bombs – These are such great gifts for anyone that loves a pampering session at home. Sometimes it’s nice to slow down, particularly at Christmas, and put on a face mask or run a nice hot bath before the chaos begins! Also, if you didn’t know already, Christmas themed sheet masks exist…thank me later.
- Candles – Christmas candles are another festive must-have for those that like to wind down and relax. I have a post including some of my favourite festive candles if you need some inspiration!