I hope you’re all doing well! As you might have figured from some of my other posts, I absolutely love candles. I use them every single day! As soon as October rolls around or the slightest hint of orange starts appearing on the trees, I am practically sprinting to my nearest Homesense or T.K Maxx to stock up on autumnal candles. I talked about T.K. Maxx/HomeSense in my homeware post and they have some amazing candles for this season. The fact that autumn comes with its own specific scents is merely an excuse to fund my addiction further.
All but one of the candles I’m showing are from DW home (you’d have thought I was paid me the amount that I bang on about them) and they all cost me £2.99 each. There’s one candle by Pecksniff’s, who are a UK company that sell beautiful fragrances and cosmetics. When I was younger, my mum and I sometimes used to stay in a hotel that provided Pecksniffs products as their toiletries in guests bathrooms. We absolutely loved one of their body lotions, which was made from a blend of nutmeg, geranium, coriander and orange essential oils.
- Caramel Pumpkin – I have never been a fan of the smell of pumpkin, however, when it’s mixed with scents that compliment it, it smells so good! There are delicious hints of caramel, toffee and vanilla as well pumpkin in this candle, I LOVE IT.
- Blackcurrant Pumpkin – There’s something so warm and rich about a blackcurrant scent, the smell of berries mixes so well with vanilla and pumpkin making the perfect candle for autumn.
- Salted Caramel – I feel like 2017 swept in a craze for salted caramel, whether that was in coffees, chocolate bars and room sprays- it was everywhere. When I smelt this, my mind immediately took me to a sweet shop, filled with fudge, toffees and caramels (which kind of reminded me of Werther’s Originals).
- Pumpkin Spice – There’s nothing that smells more like a crisp autumnal day than this. The scent is rounded out with buttery notes of vanilla and the warm spices of pumpkin and cinnamon.
- Pumpkin & Spiced Maple – This smells unreal and it’s so long-lasting. Walking back into the room after it’s been lit for a while, you are hit with warm and inviting hints of pumpkin and cinnamon.
- Pumpkin – I was a little bit terrified of this candle given I don’t particularly enjoy (understatement) the smell of pumpkins anyway. However I was pleasantly surprised, it smells so good and works so well during autumn. It’s definitely one for a cosy evening in, as it’s such a comforting and warm scent.
- White Pumpkin – This candle smells like a creamy mix of cupcakes complimented with nuances of toasted nutmeg, spicy cinnamon and of course, even more, pumpkin (surprise surprise)
I hope this inspired all the candle lovers amongst you and I will be posting something similar to Christmas candles as that’s a whole different thing altogether. I would love to hear about what scents you like to have around your house during Autumn- let me know as I’m always looking to try and buy new candles (any excuse).