BLOGMAS DAY 3
So although I reckon I’m pretty late to the party with this, I thought a review was still owed to the undecided out there. Cutting to the chase, this palette is truly AMAZING. I have green eyes so I have always been drawn towards warm-toned shadows as they make my eye colour pop more than any other shades. Although the palette was dropped in the UK on the 27th July, I only just managed to get my hands on it, but I am so glad that it’s now safely tucked away in my makeup bag.
This post contains affiliate links
There have been a variety of Naked palettes released by Urban Decay over the years with some gorgeous gold-hued, cool toned and smokey shades, however, this palette is very different. It contains 12 amber-hued neutral shades (seven mattes and five shimmers) and its sold at a rather terrifying (but absolutely worth it) £39.50. It also comes with an amazing duo-ended brush but it’s in the process of being cleaned after thorough use (so, unfortunately, it won’t have its moment in the photos.)
From top to bottom,
- Ounce – “Ivory shimmer”, it’s creamy & pearly – I use it most days for a brow bone highlight or for my inner corners, haven’t found much use for it on my lids.
- Chaser – “Matte light nude”, with a tiny hint of coral, it doesn’t have a huge impact but I’ve been using it as a transition shade and to define my crease more.
- Sauced – “Soft terra-cotta matte”, a red-toned matte fudge shade, I love buffing this into my crease to warm up my look.
- Low Blow – “Brown matte” (A yellow-y baby poop matte as described over on Theannaedit) although it’s quite a natural shade, I love using this to slightly buff out my look – it blends like a dream.
- Lumbre – “Copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift”, this rose gold shadow is great for a natural shimmer on the lid especially if you’re into more subtle looks. I’ve worn this mostly during the day as I prefer more intense and pigmented shadows for nights out.
- He Devil – “Burnt red matte”, I like this shade a lot, it’s perfect for creating a simple warm look as its so easy to blend out into something more subtle. It’s a buildable shade so it can be used for an intense look too.
- Dirty Talk – “Metallic burnt red”, This. Shade. Is. Amazing. I do love a good copper shadow and this is a massive 10/10 from me. It’s such a stunning shimmer shade, with a bronze base. I use it for going to uni, clubbing, a quick trip to town (the lot – I can’t get enough) it can work with a more subtle sultry-daytime look as well as a full beat looks for a night out. It’s definitely a buildable shade with incredible pigmentation if you want to go all out.
From top to bottom,
- Scorched – “metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer”, there are hints of rose gold and copper, I’d say it was just slightly rosier and more coral toned than Dirty Talk so I still love it, how, ver it works more with pink or orange based eyeshadow looks.
- Cayenne – “deep terra-cotta matte”, such a gorgeous chocolatey brown shade, it’s really pigmented and looks so nice in the outer crease when buffed out. It works so well with He Devil when creating a simple warm-toned look.
- En Fuego – “burgundy matte”, burgundy is one of my favourite colours to wear as an eyeshadow as in terms of my wardrobe, it really compliments the green in my eyes so I’m always on the lookout for shadows like this. It’s been great when creating more dramatic and intense looks.
- Ashes – “deep reddish-brown matte”, the colour of this shadow is so beautiful, it’s perfect for autumn with hints of warm purple and burgundy. However, the shade is difficult to blend as it’s quite powdery in consistency.
- Ember – “deep metallic copper-burgundy”, a stunning shimmer shade with undertones of purple, copper and brown, with even some tiny flecks of pink here and there. I have used this with every smoky eye makeup look that I’ve done since this palette entered my life. I haven’t found anything like this before, it’s so unique.
In conclusion, if you’re into warm-toned eyes looks, this palette is definitely for you. The matte shades blend so easily and the shimmers add a beautiful dramatic yet elegant hint to any look. It can be used for so many different eye looks, which means I get the most out of my money, as I can use it more than just every once in a while. Overall, I would recommend this palette – it’s definitely my favourite Naked Palette by Urban Decay as of yet!
BUY THE PALETTE HERE*
If £39.50 screams HELL NO to you, here are two dupes to help you achieve similar looks without breaking the bank…
NYX – Ultimate Shadow Palette Warm Neutrals – £16 – full of warm neutrals
Morphe – 25B Bronzed Mocha Eyeshadow Palette – £19 – 25 shadows, including deep browns, burgundies, coppers and golds as well as some more subtle shades too.
thanks for the swatches!
No worries! Hope they did the shadows justice!
I need a new palette been using Clarins but noticed that it is not as good in terms of colour strength anymore. I may just have to give this a go x
I would recommend this palette for sure! It’s got such beautiful shades in it x
Ooo yes! Warm tones definitely bring out green eyes. I can’t say I was a huge fan of the Heat palette though, only because UD are killing out the Naked palettes in my opinion. The quality is good though and I LOVE the NYX palette alternative you linked to.
Oooh really, that’s interesting! I’ve only tried one palette of theirs before so for me it’s still a new experience! I love that NYX palette it’s such a good dupe x
I’ve really been debating this palette and I also have green eyes so this might have swayed me as very few bloggers seem to have the same eye colour as me x
Yeah definitely have a look, maybe go and swatch the colours for yourself in store so you can see what they’re like on your skin tone! xx
I love the look of this I am a huge fan of UD and they have some amazing items out that are bang on trend.
Yeah they have a new collection out that’s so vibrant and colourful x
They are beautiful! I definitely would not pay £39.50 though, thats rather steap for me for eye shadows.I love warm tones, will have a look at the otehr similar options though.
Yeah the other options are much more affordable and still are great quality x
This looks like a fantastic palette. I love the range of colours as they are exactly what I would wear 😉
Oooh it’s definitely worth looking at xx
I absolutely love the colours in the palette, especially the orange and rust tones. I love how pigmented the swatches are but the Nyx palette is great for a dupe as well x
Yeah I love those tones in a palette, the dupe is a good one! NYX is great too z
These colors are great. I find that the colors that are more extreme just sit in my drawer and do not get used.
Yeah, I suppose it depends what makeup looks you like to create x
This is already on my Christmas list! Fingers crossed. Love the colours!x
Fingers crossed! X
Oh I LOVE the urban decay palettes, I think they are the best around! The colours are all gorgeous!
They are really good aren’t they! I love these colours
This is literally my ideal palette. I love brown and it doesn’t with pretty much everything.
I love the shades in this palette. I have the Urban Decay Naked rose gold palette and I love it!
Ooh really? I haven’t seen that! Off I go to torture myself some more haha!
I want this palette SO much! It’s absolutely beautiful.
It’s so pretty isn’t it?! I’m obsessed x
I am sure this is the one the wife has, im not totally convinced it is, so now I am going to look and if not, buy it for her!
Awww! I’m sure she will love it, good idea x
I love this palette, I used it loads over the summer and still use it quite often. I was the same with the price tag, but again like you I agree it is worth it and the shades last ages! Love the Morphe dupe too!! x
Yes they’re so pigmented! I love a good old dupe x
The colour ways are amazing and we like that you’ve included dupes in the post as an alternative for the less flush of us x
Yeah that’s one of my favourite parts about posts like this as there’s usually an alternative out there so you can do some research! x
This palette looks gorgeous! I bet you can create wonderful (and festive) eyeshadow looks with it. I’m not a warm-toned kinda person, but I totally love it on other people. This palette looks like the perfect warm toned palette! xo
It’s the best I’ve come across! I love it so much! I’m going to try and see what festive looks I can create with it xx
I can’t believe I don’t yet own this palette! All of the colours are so warm and wearable, which is rare to find (there’s usually always one or two I would just never wear). Think I’ll need to treat myself soon!
Its worth it if you’re looking for a warm palette! x
I love the colours, makes me feel all warm just looking at them. Great review, especially for giving some cheaper alternatives too.
Haha! Thank you! I always like it when people put dupes so I thought I would do the same! x
I have heard so many great things about this palette but I am yet to try it myself! The shades are so gorgeous.
They are amazing shades! X
I love all of those warm shades! I’m one of those undecided so maybe I should treat myself for Christmas…
I love warm shades! They’re my go to shadows! This would make a great treat x
Such a nice warm palette – very good for winter to add a little sparkle
It’s lovely isn’t it! I love using it for festive looks xx